Friday, February 12, 2010

BLISS silver and amethyst stamped oval pendant

BLISS

My very first stamped silver piece. The moment I saw this sterling silver oval blank I fell in love with it! I could visualize a beautiful pendant and immediately swiped it up.

I hand stamped the word BLISS onto the oval, along with a super-cute, tiny double heart design. Then I hammered it to add texture. I wrapped the bail with twisted fine silver wire and added a gorgeous, high quality, purple faceted amethyst for an extra bling. The charm clinks against the oval and makes a pleasant sound. :)

I finally put the pendant through an antiquing patina process and hand polished it to bring out all the details beautifully. I'm particularly pleased with the way the twists in the fine silver wire are highlighted!

The pendant has been charged with Reiki to enhance the amethyst's metaphysical healing properties.

This pendant would make a wonderful gift if you aren't too tempted to keep it for yourself. :)

Length: 2 1/18 inches (5.2 centimeters) including the bail.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin